The amount I post about James Herbert may be ridiculous but I was snooping around Amazon looking for some more of his books to add to me kindle. I currently own two in print version and have three others on there already. This was when I noticed some of the amazing prices. Even though these books are E-books these are still great value and from reading reviews etc these prices appear to be on going and not part of a daily deal. Here is what is currently available:
- The Rats – I have written in a previous post about this book and I love it. Giants rats take over London and kill dozens of people enough said.
- Domain – I can’t say for certain as there is no blurb available but judging my the cover and the ominous ‘Remember with fear’ contained in the description is probably another one of The Rats series.
- Lair – Another one of The Rats books this now means that this trilogy can be bought for £2.97 why wouldn’t you. I have read this and can describe it as terrifying!
- Sepulchre – I have just bought this one and have yet to read it but judging by the blurb this is to do with evil lingering in a house. It sounds like a fairly classic ghost story, this is also meant to be over 400 pages so that’s a lot of reading to be getting on with.
- Creed – This sounds so intriguing the blurb seems quite vague but I can see that it is about a photographer who takes some pictures of some very freaky goings on. This may be featuring in a haul post very soon.
There are so many other books available for this price but these are a great starting point and I cannot tempt myself any further. Enjoy reading!
NB Another great place to find these books is in second hand book shops and charity shops for some tiny prices.
This book is basically Mammy Walsh’s side of the story if you have read anything by Marian Keyes before, you will be aware of the Walsh girls. Each books follows one of the sister’s escapades, and although a series they also work very well as stand alone books. Mammy Walsh goes through all of the family sayings and some of the things that have happened to them without going into enough detail that it would ruin the other books if you read this first. This is e-book only.
This is by far one of the funniest books I have ever read. From her love for one direction and Michael Buble to her discussing what they now do on the ‘facebooks’, this is hilarious. I have been waiting for Marian’s new book for a couple of years and honestly forgot what a funny writer she was. The description of G-Strings made me laugh so loud on the train people were looking at me .
For £1.99 this was also a great bargain from a great author.
This begins with Alex, Emily and Free watching the new sexy neighbour as he moves in next door to them. Free feels an instant attraction to him even when they have a fight over a tree and end up in jail together. The two of them soon realise they desperately want each other, the thing is they are so unsuitable she is ‘gyspy girl’ and he is a serious business man who focuses on nothing but work. They just have to try and resist each other..
I am not really a romance reader but as this book was only 77p I had had nothing to lose and it was actually really good. The whole time I just wanted them to get together. The sex scenes that were in this book were classy and the Free’s background story was really well written.
I must admit that the book was just a bit ‘nicey nice’ for me, although Faith had a bit of a dark past it wasn’t as edgy as a normal like. Maybe I needed something light hearted and I guess this was the book to do it.
I understand that Debra Webb has written lots of books and I would consider buying another one.
I’d rate this book: