Today is just going to be short post as this is my favourite day of the year I have lots of presents to open and food to eat. I hope everyone is having a great day and we should all look at what we should be thankful for. Things I am thankful for:
- My boyfriend – he makes me really happy and treats me like a princess I could not ask for a better partner.
- My Beautiful Home – I have lived here now with my boyfriend for two and a half years and it just holds so many happy memories.
- My Job- I genuinely love what I do and cannot wait to get further in my career.
What are you thankful for? Merry Christmas!
Alongside books I have a huge interest in Cinema in particular film noir. When it comes to this time of year I am always looking for books to add to my Christmas list that will really increase my knowledge and here are a few things I found:
- Budget Option: This book in genuinely on my personal Christmas Wishlist. Billy Wilder: Masters of Cinema by Noel Simsolo is bursting with pictures and little titbits about the directors career and personal life. This is for film lovers of The Apartment, Double Indemnity and The Seven YearItch. £5.39 with free delivery.
- Mid Range: The second item I have included in from one of my favourite charities The Film Noir Foundation. They work to refurbish and reclaim old film reels and make them available to the public. One of the ways in which they do this is sell merchandise. The Noir City Annual contains essays and discussion points taken entirely from outside contributors these can only be bought from Amazon US and sell for $25 plus $5 delivery. As they come from the US they may be a little late for the 25th December but if you have a later Christmas these could be perfect.
- Luxury: The Encyclopedia of Film Noir by Geoff Mayer is a hard cover book bursting with information and pictures this discusses the genre and how it should be defined – this is constantly debated by noir film lovers. There is so much information here that it will certainly keep you busy Christmas day. This is also available from Amazon at a cost of £47.95 with free delivery.
What are you hoping for in your stocking?