I know we still have a few days left of this year but I feel it is time to start focusing on my reading goals for the next one. This year I did a simple Goodreads reading challenge of 26 books and I currently stand and 66 books and over 24,000 pages this year. For 2014 I want to do something different. I want to take some more specific goals. Here are some that I have thought of so far:
- Read a non- fiction book cover to cover – I am terrible at reading non fiction. I may constantly be checking things out on the internet but I very rarely sit down with a book.
- Get to Book 18 in both the Kay Scarpetta and the Jack Reacher series – I am so behind with both of these I have just finished book five for Scarpetta and book seven for Reacher. Being so behind means that I can’t really discuss these series with people as they give too much away!
- Find another horror author – I am open to suggestions here. I currently read quite a lot of Stephen King and just as much by James Herbert and not much else in this genre. I want to have more to talk about!
- Read a book outside my comfort zone – This may be a fantasy or sci-fi or even a YA novel.
- Read a graphic novel – How have I got to 22 and not read one?
So that’s my list on top of this I will also put a reading challenge of 30 on Goodreads – this is a goal that I feel is easily accomplished. What are your reading goals for 2014? Let me know.